Robot Crawler Classroom Pack
What you get
Inspire a class of young engineers with this classroom pack of 10 robot crawlers. Students will build motor-powered robots that walk (and even race) to explore linkages, friction, and mechanical energy. They’ll also experiment with variables, test the results, and redesign the robot to make it as fast or strong as possible. The project is broken up into multiple suggested class periods and serves 20-40 students.
Designed for 3rd to 5th grade classrooms, each pack includes all the materials, instructions, and lesson plans to explore STEM topics through project-based learning, while aligning with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). They make a perfect gift for teachers, educators, classrooms, maker spaces, after school programs, and camps.
Value: $6 per student, covering up to 3 hours
- 10 construction sets with high-quality materials
- 10 instruction card sets with illustrated instructions
- Teacher guide with lesson plans, discussion questions, and worksheets (view sample pages)
- Online introduction video, articles for extended learning, digital downloads, and more
- Skills: Robot Design, Engineering Process
- Concepts: Electrical Energy, Mechanical Energy, Friction
"We got our robot to pull six marbles by moving the battery pack over the feet." - Los Altos 4th grader
"When the wires got switched around, the motor went backwards!" - Los Altos 4th grader
Customers also liked